Key drivers for cloud adoption and to use software as a service (SaaS) include the following:
- Cost reduction: Improve utilization and save money through consolidation of servers and data centers. Capitalize on economies of scale by sharing resources across organizations. Reduce training costs thanks to improved ease of use and browser-based interfaces.
- Reduced capital investments: Replace capital expenses with operating expenses. Pay only for what you use.
- Faster implementation: Get up and running quickly by avoiding the need to acquire hardware or to develop and configure applications.
- Agility: adjust to changing demand and market requirements. Scale up or down as needed. Take advantage of vendor best practices, which are drawn from multiple organizations and rolled out quickly.
- Smarter decisions: take advantage of cutting-edge tools that support fact-based decision-making.